I decided to dive into the redheads of the family, since these colors seem to be a good representative of the weather around here.
Unfortunately, my sunlight pictures all came out on the blurry side, I'm still getting used to my new camera. On the bright side (no pun intended!) pretty colors!
Individual swatches and reviews under the jump.
Normally I'd leave the notes part for the end, but this is the kind of notes part that you should probably read first.
- I'm not going to repeat most of what I said in the previous Chic Metalix post, except to note that these are densely packed microglitters or glass flecks- it's a little hard to tell. For everything else- pros and cons and stuff, check out that one. The formula is basically the same too.
- These polishes seem to come in one of two categories- what seems to be glass flecks in a jelly base, and what seems to be microglitter in a frosty base. Again, it's so dense and sparkly that it's hard to be sure. They're only different if you look closely. Of this set, I'd say 910 and 911 are of the glass fleck family, while 908 is of the frost family. I can't even tell for sure with 909. Of the last post, I think 903 and 904 were glass flecks, while 905 and 906 were glitters.
- Meh, who cares, they're pretty!
- These were all two-coaters. They were even at one coat, in varying degrees of sheer. So they'd probably make good layering polishes, although they might be a tiny bit opaque for that.
- So actually this collection is called "Metalix", with one L. My bad. I have to figure out how to fix the tag.
910- Hot Fuchsia
This is the girly-girl to "Red"'s tomboy. They're pretty much the same shade, except this one leans pink where Red leans orange. The jelly is more prominent in this one, so again beware of staining. Is it bad that I really really like this? I think I'm starting to warm up to pink tones a little more (argh what is it with me and puns today!). I used to be violently anti-pink. I don't know if I would wear this, because I don't own any pink clothing and I'd like it to remain that way. But admire it, yes yes yes!
909- Hot Purple
Look at me, assigning personalities to my polishes. I think I might have a problem.
Ok seriously, I need to stop personifying the polish colors. This can't end well.
But look at this polish- isn't that pretty much how it looks next to the rest of this group of unruly colors? The funny thing is, I was totally that girl. So I identify with this polish. I even might like it enough to wear, despite it's pinkness. We're kindred spirits, she and I!
Oh man I have to go to sleep.
So which one of these would you wear?