Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 Day 3- Yellow nails

Finally! A day in which I have both brought my camera home with me and took some fairly decent photos.


So I've been utterly dreading yellow day, since I Do Not Look Good in yellow. But I'm actually really happy with what I ended up doing! I may even do this art again when I can leave it on for more than a day. I tried out some new polish from the Chic Sugar Baby collection- the first Israeli produced liquid sand! It just came out about a week ago, so i'll be swatching a bunch of them soon. The flowers I did using acrylic paint. I tried to make normal looking leaves but since the flower took up most of the nail, I went with more abstract. More pictures to follow, but first, Hannah!



Rubber ducky family! I don't know where she came up with the idea, but it's adorable. Hannah has the same dread of yellow that I do, so she did them on a blue base.

I ended up photographing my nails later in the day, so I have some wonky lighting issues going on here- I did my best to adjust the colors, more pictures below the jump!






5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Oops - accidentally deleted that....) Wow, those nails look fantastic! The colors on the ring and pinky fingers remind me of that Van Gogh painting. And Hannah's ducks are adorable too! :)

      Delete
    2. Wow, comparisons to Van Gogh, that's a first! I'm flattered, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that liquid sand polish is amazing! Really nice painted detail too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is one of my favorite liquid sands- even though I don't usually like yellow!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...