Saturday, January 19, 2013

NOTD: Mini mani miracle!

Oh man, starting a post with a pun. I deeply apologize, I couldn't help myself.

I am now the proud owner of a set of self-inflicted nubs! I'd like to start practicing harp more frequently, and my tips were in tragic shape anyway because of my job. So I filed them down to as small as they go, and now I have baby-fingers.

There are unexpected perks to tiny nails, though! I've mentioned before how my manis almost never last through a single kitchen shift, due to powdered latex gloves destroying the polish. Apparently, nubs can survive! I'd guess it's in part due to having healthier tips, and in part due to the gloves getting less surface area to work their evil wiles.

Without further ado, here is a small picture spam of my nails after not one, but two kitchen shifts at my job:

Left hand, shade

Left hand, sunlight

Right hand, shade

Right hand, sunlight
My camera was behaving itself today, so I actually got pretty decent shots. Also involved was the fact that I was lucky enough to catch a few minutes of bright sunlight, which always helps.

This is a pretty simple striping tape mani, so I'll just list the colors:
  • LeChat "w/o compassion" (the turquoise)
  • WOW Cosmetics 431 (the purple)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...