Thursday, September 10, 2015

#31DC2015 Day 10- Gradient

The nail polish gods have smiled down upon me today. I wanted to see if I could still get a linear holo effect if I did a sponge gradient with holo polishes, and it worked!! In fact, it kind of looks even more holo than it did pre-gradient. I wonder why that is?




Polishes used:
Color Club- Cosmic Fate (orange holo)
Color Club- Miss Bliss (pink holo)
Color Club- Eternal Beauty (violet holo)
Essence- Glorious Aquarius (old formula) (glitter accent)




6 comments:

  1. I had also wondered how a holo gradient would work! This looks lovely and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think part of the reason why it works so well is because the holos are both from the same collection, so they contain the exact same distribution of holo particles and the particles are a uniform size. i'd love to try this again with even more contrast between the gradient shades!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh very pretty! I did a holo gradient today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty mani, holo and gradient must be my favorite kind of nail art :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, especially now that I know about the liquid latex trick!!!

      Delete
    2. Haha indeed, must have been the best thing that has happend to nail art since peel off basecoat :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...