Monday, September 7, 2015

#31DC2015 Day 7- Black & White

I can't believe I've never never done houndstooth nail art before, it came out so good! It also looked really crisp and clean in person, I'm definitely doing this again. It does look a teeny bit smudged in the photos, but in person it looked great. I'm really happy with this one. This is actually white stamped over black, but since the nature of houndstooth is that both colors have exactly the same area, you can't really tell. Also, since I don't know when to leave well enough alone, I topped this with a subtle holo topcoat :D



Polishes used:
LeChat- Black Magic (black)
Color Club- French Tip (white)
ILNP- My Private Rainbow (holo topcoat)
Stamping plate: BP L-006



12 comments:

  1. Houndstooth is my favorite pattern so this was really stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I never realized how magical it was until I tried it on- it's fine in pictures, but it's so much more fun to wear in person!

      Delete
  2. I was actually thinking about doing this to, but my stamping karma wasnt with me that day, so thank god you made it and made it look good ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have officially jumped on the bandwagon and I couldn't be more pleased :D I'm sure you'll find more opportunities to do it in this challenge! Maybe on the "inspired by a pattern" day?

      Delete
  3. Houndstooth is such a classic and great look for B&W. Looks really cool with the holo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I did holo over the whole thing, but it pretty much only shows up over the black, which is actually kinda cool in hindsight.

      Delete
  4. I've never done this design before either! I think it looks awesome with the holo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, it's fun! I wasn't ever so blown away when I saw it in photos, but in person it's so fun! It looks better a little further away ;)

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...