Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Roundup

Happy 2015 everyone!

I had a great year this year, nail polish wise. My photography got better, my audience grew, my cleanup got neater, I opened an instagram account, I completed the entire 31DC, I got sent items to review for the very first time, and best of all, I started my own indie brand!!

I decided to compile a list of a few of my favorite polishes of the year (that I have swatched, anyway. I got some amazing polishes that I didn't swatch) and a few of my favorite nail arts. My most viewed post this year was a giveaway post, so I'm not going to use post views as a metric for quality, in this case.

Favorite polishes, in no particular order:

Gade Blue Satin (it's not even so much the nail polish as it is this particular swatch. It's unreal!)


Superficially Colorful Giggly (look at that dramatic thermal shift!)


Aliquid Lacquer Stop and Smell The Orchids, and Gargoyle (I love all of them but I can't sum up 2014 without at least one radiant orchid polish, and Gargoyle is unlike any other indie I'd ever seen



Chic Love & Hate (I know some people are 'over' textures. I'm not through with them yet!)


ILNP Abundance (Honestly I'd have included every single ILNP multichrome if I had to pick a single fave it would be this one)



Favorite nail art, in no particular order:

Turquoise nails (I was still figuring out my watermark at the time)


The one and only time so far that I really nailed (no pun intended) the spun sugar look


Three-color skitlette


31DC purple day- square glitter placement


31DC rainbow day- acrylic bubbles (not sure I'd have included this one but it got by far the most instagram likes so I guess people liked it!)


31DC inspired by art


Pink and black skittlete that I put together to showcase bats I got from BPS- bonus, bats!


And last but not least, the Cinderella gradient!


I'm not putting any of my own polishes on the list since so far there are so few. But hopefully I'll be launching another collection very soon! I have finished making it already, I just have to clean them up and prepare a launch!

See you in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...