Tuesday, June 18, 2013

NOTD: Sloppy stamps

I'm really starting to get into this whole two accent nails thing. It's a great way to have more art without the hassle of doing a design on every nail. Plus, you can showcase the pretty base color! This way I don't feel as bad doing art over a base that I particularly like- I can have my cake and eat it, too.

The stamping here isn't the best I've ever done, because I had to repeat the stamp a few times. I only have one(!) stamp pattern that covers the whole nail, because everything they sell here is a cheap knockoff. I really need to get my act together and put in an order for a BM set.





Colors used:
Orly- Star Spangled
Chic Metalix- Citrine Gold

I spotted Star Spangled in a store months ago, and I new I needed it. The problem was, I'd already overspent my polish budget at that point, so I couldn't afford a new one. And then there was an Orly scarcity, and I had pretty much given up hope of getting my paws on it. But last week I found myself in a store that I usually don't go to, and lo and behold, sparkling at me on the shelf, there it was! I absolutely adore it on my fingers, I don't regret this purchas for a second.

A small note on the stamping: Since I can't seem to stop singing the praises of Chic Metalix, here's some more. They are fantastic for stamping, because the glitter is really densely packed! And they have a fair variety of colors, so if you're looking for a local alternative to tiny little stamping polish bottles, here it is!

Sad update: As of posting this, I have to return to nubs. I got a new cabinet for my kitchen, and I managed to chip a nail really badly when I was shlepping it into my house. Thankfully it didn't chip deeply, so it didn't hurt. I mean, I'm not devastated- it's not a big dramatic event. Still, I'd finally gotten my nails to be perfect- short enough to be manageable, but long enough that I could keep them in a pretty square shape. Now I'll have to start from scratch! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...