Friday, July 12, 2013

Baby's first indies!

*singing*

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me...!  I bought my first indies, happy birthday to me!

I think this is my best birthday present to myself so far :D

(To be fair, I have had indies before, but these were the first ones I purchased for myself- the other three or four I have were gifts)

Without further ado, meet GlitterBunny:


GlitterBunny is, as far as I can find out, the only Israeli indie polish in existence. She sells a lot of really cute stuff, and her international shipping is really affordable, so I recommend you check her store out! She sells on bigcartel at http://glitterbunnypolish.bigcartel.com/

Yo! Mamas!


Yo! Mamas! is a staple sort of polish in any self respecting glitter indie's repertoire. This one is particularly well done, with a great mix of shapes and sizes, and with all of the glitter laying completely flat, needing only one topcoat to achieve perfect smoothness. The formula is a little thick and requires a bit of placement, but it isn't difficult to work with at all. Swatched here over Orly Faint of Heart. I'll probably wear this as a mani over colorful skittles soon!

I Got a Goodie Bag!




(Can I just take a moment to point out how adorable it is that so many of her polish names end with exclamation points? I can just picture her being so excited to be making indies :D)

This polish is an adorable mix of square neon glitters with a fine silver shimmer base. It's a party on my nails! It's a rainbow, but it stands apart from the pack because of the unique mix of colors and the squares. I've never seen anything quite like this before! Some of the squares are matte and some of them are shiny, which gives it an interesting finish. In terms of application it was very similar to Yo! Mamas!- somewhat thick base, requires some placement, but very cooperative polish overall.

Additional bonus: The package arrived with a printed receipt and a page with some helpful tips on application and storage, which I thought was a thoughtful and personal touch.

I will definitely be buying from her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...