Monday, May 7, 2012

NOTD: Green to blue gradient

This was a fun experiment. It didn't go perfectly, but considering the circumstances, I think it turned out really great.

So, do you want to know what eight layers of nail polish (including top and base) looks like?


And now you know! Honestly this caught the light a little weird- in photos it makes the transition from green to blue pretty abruptly, but in reality it's much more gradual. It's definitely at least in part due to Chic Peakock, which always comes out a bit bluer than it really is. But either way, I really enjoyed doing this, and I'll wear it for as long as I can!

Unfortunately since it's so heavy on the polish, I predict much shrinkage in this manicure's future. I did everything I could- wrapping my tips and whatnot, but physics will be physics.

Here are the colors, listed from top to bottom:
  • Green Olive by Perfect Chic
  • Meet Me Under the Mistletoe by Orly
  • Cuckou For This Color by OPI
  • Peacock by Perfect Chic
  • Smashing Blue by Perfect Chic (this is on my next Metalix swatch set)
  • I used a black base to make the colors pop, 393 by Wow Cosmetics.
So yeah. Pretty heavy on the colors there! It's verrrry slightly dented in a couple of spots, but they're minor and not worth redoing.

It's been awhile since I've done a swatch post, so I'll probably put one of those up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...