Monday, May 27, 2013

Haul of shame: Eye shadow edition

I have a weakness for pretty colors. This should be common knowledge by now, considering how many nail polishes I've bought! But apparently I have an even bigger weakness when the colors are arranged in pleasing shapes with complementary colors.

Which brings me to the L'oreal Paris Color Riche eye shadow quads.

Unfortunately, I don't really know how to photograph eye shadow, so my pictures are pretty crappy. I haven't swatched them, but I've worn some. They aren't 100% consistent, but mostly they are decently pigmented, and they lasted me all day. I probably should have done a more comprehensive review, but I haven't, so have some pictures instead!



Look at the pretty color combos! They're really gorgeous in person. I kept passing them on the way to buy nail polish, and eventually I caved in. There were a couple of quads in the display that I didn't get, because I knew from experience those colors Do Not Work on me. (purple shadow, unfortunately, looks ridiculous on me. True blue I wouldn't even bother with.)

The stupidest bit is- I only know the very basics of eye shadow application. I have a feeling I'm going to go on a youtube tutorial spree soon! Especially since I want to use the green/beige/bordeax/black quad and I have no idea where to start with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...