Thursday, May 23, 2013

NOTD: Art deco

So... supposedly this is inspired by the Great Gatsby? Or so everyone tells me. I have neither read the book nor watched the movie, and unless someone can offer me a compelling reason to do so, I probably won't. Still, I like the aesthetic. I've seen manis like these floating around, and I decided to try it for myself.




Colors used:
OPI Ink
Chic Metalix Frost

Funny story: I wore this mani for three days. I kept meaning to photogaph it after work, but I kept having to stay late and by the time I'd get home the sun would be down. I ended up bringing my camera and polish to work and just ducking out mid afternoon when the sunlight looked right.

These are pretty simple compared to a lot of the other art deco stripe manis out there, but for a first attempt I'm pretty pleased. I've also got to see if they make narrower tape- this is really skinny, but I've seen some manicures floating around with insanely thin lines. It would allow me so much more freedom to make elaborate patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...