Friday, September 13, 2013

31DC2013 Day 13- Animal print

I have a confession to make- I don't like animal print. Not leopard, not zebra, not anything. Hanna, on the other hand, had a field day and ended up doing skittles with a different animal print on each nail, so she goes first!



From left to right: Tree frog, turtle shell, Nemo (her pet dog, and she actually used fur he shed as flocking powder. Hannah is kind of nuts), and peacock feather. All freehanded.

I decided to forgo the traditional style of animal print and made myself calico claws.





I started with an off-white base, and then sponged random combinations of calico-like colors onto my nails, and then I went over it with a paintbrush dipped in acetone to achieve a fur-like look. Topped off with a matte top coat and viola! Calico nails.

These were inspired by my family's calico cats:


This was Chanla- our first cat. Unfortunately she passed away, but she left us with her daughter.



This is Tipsy. Who got her name from being a very cross-eyed and clumsy kitten, even more so than most kittens. She used to trip over her own feet regularly. Now she is a grown up and much more sedate lady, she's about middle-aged by cat lifespans. Still as gorgeous as ever, though!

For links to other blogs participating in today's challenge, click the jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...